Approx 10 - 40 minutes
Pray for the key themes of Just Prayer. We are believing that as we collectively pray, we will see breakthroughs.
four Key Areas for Prayer for Just Prayer:
1. Barriers to the Gospel to be Overcome
We believe God’s Spirit is already active in overcoming the social, political and cultural barriers working against people in least-reached communities hearing, understanding and accepting the truth of the Gospel…and we can partner with Him through prayer, giving and going.
Pray for God’s Spirit to be opening opportunities for the message of Jesus to be shared and received among least-reached communities including:
Pray that through dreams and visions, God will be revealing Himself to people in least-reached communities.
A Muslim man in their local park approached Global Interaction candidates, Gary and Shirley. The man explained that his friend, who shared his faith, was having dreams of Jesus. For this man, the dreams were significant. The Quran records the dream of Abraham and sacrificing Ishmael, Joseph’s dream with his fellow inmates and the dream of Muhammad regarding the conquest of Mecca.
The story shared by Gary and Shirley is not a standalone story; Muslims are having dreams of Jesus.
Together let’s pray:
- That dreams of Jesus will not be considered inconsequential or forgotten
- That Jesus be revealed with confidence and clarity
- That those offering interpretations to dreams and visions of Jesus with know the Truth
Pray that God will place believers in the lives of seekers.
We believe that God sends disciples to make disciples. We know from our experience that He sends His people, is to be among those who will seek Him.
Four years ago, two Global Interaction Directors were serving as cross-cultural workers in South East Asia. The seeds of faith planted back then have been celebrated with recent news that one of their home-helpers has come to faith in Jesus. A private baptism in the company of a small but growing faith community bears witness to Global Interaction’s work among an otherwise Muslim majority community. God chose the safe time and place for this woman to hear of Jesus, and four years later God chose the safe time and place for her Baptism.
So let’s pray:
- That local people will be brave in exploring faith conversations with followers of Jesus
- For patience and the understanding that seeds of faith take time to grow and flourish, and require perseverance and long-term commitment
- For opportunities to share the Gospel within safe environments, to be plentiful
2. New Followers of Jesus
We believe that as we give thanks to God for new followers of Jesus, the Spirit will impress on their hearts, who they are in Christ. A newfound faith in Jesus requires prayer, discipleship and a growing understanding and belief in the Biblical truths of what it is to be a follower of Jesus. We believe that as we pray, new believers will be equipped to overcome doubts or fears that may deter them in their faith journey with Jesus.
Let’s pray these biblical truths into the lives of new followers of Jesus:
Colossians 1:13 - They have been delivered from the domain of darkness and brought into the Kingdom of Christ
Ephesians 2:19 - They have become citizens of Heaven, alongside all who repent and believe
2 Timothy 1:7 - They have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind
Philippians 1:6 - That they are confident that the good work that God has begun in them will be perfected
3. God's People Serving Cross-Culturally
We believe that our cross-cultural teams have been called and placed by God. He is using them to grow His Kingdom and shaping them to be more like Jesus.
Let’s pray these biblical truths into the lives of cross-cultural workers:
Matthew 5:13-14 - They are the salt and light of the earth
John 15: 1-5 - They are the branches of the True Vine, a conduit to share the Gospel
Acts 1:8 - They are Jesus’ personal witness in the world
1 Corinthians 12:27
They are a member of Christ’s body
4. MORE CROSS-CULTURAL WORKERS
We believe that God is prompting Australian Baptists to respond to His call to share the Gospel among least-reached people groups. Still today, 42% of the people on Earth have little or no chance to hear the message of Jesus in a way that makes sense to them.
Together let's pray:
- For hearts to be opened and people to respond to God’s call to cross-cultural mission during Just Prayer and beyond
- For fruitful partnerships with churches and individuals with a heart for least-reached people groups
- For social and economic barriers hindering people from going, to be overcome
- For partnering and sending churches to grow in number and dependence on God