Education & Training
Raised so far this year
Project Code: SEAwh601
The Education Foundation now officially runs three branches, which offer education and training opportunities to local people from low-socio-economic backgrounds. The newest branch opened in 2019! The team at the Education Foundation has also partnered with some schools to support and assist them with their language programs, as well as using the Foundation to assist team members with their culture and language acquisition.
Our team currently serves in two of the three branches, operating out of six locations, with local staff currently operating the third and newest branch. Educational training is focused on upgrading vocational skills in areas such as language acquisition and teaching, health care and practical life skills such as budgeting, computer training and organisation, to enable individuals and families to wholistically improve their standard of living, benefiting their entire communities.
The team is seeking and taking new opportunities to become more involved in local communities as the Education Foundation becomes increasingly known and trusted.
Lives are being changed through the relationships our team is forming through the opportunities from this project!
Key areas for funding:
- English Training Programs – Providing subsidised training for English teachers and students to develop in teaching and/or language skills
- Language Nurturer Training – Local language teachers, often in low or no income homes, develop in teaching skills, which provides employment opportunities as well more suitably trained teachers for both expatriates and locals learning languages
- IT Program – Develop and run courses and cover the cost of equipment
- Institutional Development – Team building events and staff retreats for all employees, held three time pers year as well as website and IT infrastructure development to meet ever-changing regulations and enabling the Education Foundation to expand as it has been doing in recent times
- Aged Care Training Program – Nurses trained in aged care and the running of community care programs, which addresses a growing need for Aged Care in the country and provides increased skills for those who are trained, which also benefits their own families and communities
- Library – Maintaining and expanding the current library sites for staff and students to be well resourced in their programs
- Rental and Renovations – Rental renewal and renovations are an ongoing but important part of operating the life-changing Education Foundation branches
- Government Registration and Operational Fees – Government accreditation processes, including licensing fees, work visas and administration costs
- Equipment and Resources – Purchase of classroom resources across the three branches, in six locations
Supporting this project empowers the people of South East Asia to increase employment opportunities and community outcomes by improving practical and vocational skills. It also enables courses to be developed and offered to specifically address the local needs, develop skills in the community and build lasting relationships for the team with individuals – both staff and students. Thank you for your partnership!
Gifts to this project are TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Please note, costs may change due to exchange rate fluctuations.
Each project item is a small part of a larger program of community transformation. The values listed are an estimate of how much each item costs within the broader program. If your selected project item is already fully funded when your gift arrives, we will allocate your gift to items that fulfill a similar purpose. All care is taken to ensure project and gift information on this website is accurate and up to date. However, project information may change without notice. If you wish to discuss your project choice, call the Project Coordinator (03) 9819 4944 or email email@example.com.