May Mission Month 2016
While mission features in services and small groups throughout the year, May is a significant time to unite with thousands of others for a special focus.
Ever wondered about the history of May Mission Month? Here's a quick look at the history.
In May Mission Month 2016 we will take five weeks to explore the passage in Luke 10:1-12. Learning from Jesus' sending of the 72 followers to share the Gospel.
1. Harvest is plentiful - the labourers are few
2. Travel lightly – letting go of distractions and ensuring a relationship is formed with us not our possessions
3. Person of Peace – finding them and accepting their hospitality
4. Kingdom of God is near – being a community of practice
5. Being part of the answer not the problem – who’s following us to Jesus?
Supporting Mission in May
PRAYERFULLY: We will be running a prayer campaign for May 2016. Join us and set an alarm at 10:02 am/pm to pray for God to send more workers to live cross-culturally and share the Gospel. The campaign is based on Luke 10:2.
FINANCIALLY: Partner with a team, a people group, a worker or a project that facilitates their ministry. Further information and donation envelopes will be sent to your church with the booklet.
Resources - now available
Other resources available for your church:
A study on Acts 1:8
An all age 5 week series exploring how to be Jesus' witnesses to our friends, neighbours, strangers and people in other cultures.
This May Mission Month we encourage you to be MOVED by the thought-provoking, engaging and powerful resource.
Pastors and leaders can use the DVD, Resource Guide and Small Group Guide to follow a three week program, or pick and choose elements to suit your needs.