Short-term service can be invaluable in supporting long-term mission. You may have skills that can support a Global Interaction team or be looking to discern a longer-term call to cross-cultural mission. You may want to meet the people you have been praying for and financially supporting. You can serve as either a visitor or volunteer or gather a group from your church together and participate in a Global Xposure trip.
- Are you committed to the advancement of Global Mission but see your role as one of supporting the Team of people working on the frontline?
- Do you have skills that would be useful in enabling or freeing Cross-Cultural Workers to undertake their ministry and are willing to spend from two weeks to five years living with a team among a least-reached people?
- Are you a teacher, builder, tradesperson, administrator, accountant, farmer, bookkeeper or have another useful trade, profession or skill?
There are alternative streams for Support Workers depending on the length of service.
Short-Term Support Worker (2 weeks to 12 months)
- Opportunities are available from time to time for volunteers to join a team in a support role.
- Such volunteers must meet Global Interaction application and approval process.
- Talk with your State Director who will help identify whether there is an opportunity for service suitable for both our teams and you.
Long-Term Support Worker (1 - 5 Years)
- Opportunities are available for people who are committed to supporting Cross-cultural teams and their work in a long-term capacity.
- These people would be part of a similar application and preparation process as cross-cultural workers, including Partnership Development and Global Interaction courses.
- Begin the conversation with your State Director as to what a long-term support worker role might look like.
For a taste of mission consider a three week learning experience in partnership with a team from your church. The aim of Global Xposure is to expose participants to the culture of a least-reached people group and the work of Global Interaction among them.